It’s always great, to think of ways you could incorporate our Gourmet Grocery Cy products into your life!
It’s even greater, when you have something to suggest!
This is a throwback, when Yiota Koufalidou shared her favorite traditional potato salad recipe, on her blog ilovemommy.com.cy (Read the original article in Greek here.)
Yiota incorporated our products in her kitchen, and particularly in a special edition of the Greek traditional potato salad, containing octopus, and featuring our Mani Blauel olives and olive oil. The original article is
in Greek; we translated it in English for all of you who don’t speak the language, and incorporated some more of our products in it! It is an all-season Mediterranean plate, extremely delicious, and the best for a fasting period!
What you need:
- Small Potatoes (as many as you want)
- Octopus (as much as you want)
- Olives without pits (Try our Mani Blauel ones: http://bit.ly/2MylAYH)
- 1 Cup of tea Red dry wine (http://bit.ly/2OoYUfk)
- 1 Green pepper
- 1 Bay leaf
- Fresh onions
- Salt & Pepper
For the dressing:
- Olive oil (Try our Mani Blauel one coming in 3 different flavors: http://bit.ly/2MylAYH)
- Capers (optional)
How to do it:
- Boil the octopus with some salt in a neat casserole, for 3-4 minutes
- Pour it with the wine and some water, cover it, and let it boil for about 25-30 minutes
- After it has cooled, cut the octopus in small pieces
- Wash the potatoes and cut them in half
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 30 minutes
- Strain the potatoes, and let them cool
- In a bowl, whisk the dressing’s ingredients
- Put the cubed potatoes in a large bowl, and add the chopped octopus
- Pour in the vegetables finely chopped, and the dressing
- Sprinkle some pepper, and BON APETIT!
*Serve it with some traditional roasted bread!