One of the world’s most precious honeys, vanilla fir honey from Mainalon is the only Greek honey that has been granted Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) status. Unusually thick, Apiceuticals VANILLA FIR Premium Organic Honey has unique cream-colored shades that inspired the name “vanilla.” Because it is sustainably extracted using the best organic methods, but no heat, this honey maintains the many nutritional elements that make it a superfood. Its extraordinary caramel-like flavor combines with a hint of vanilla for the ultimate taste sensation.
✓ TASTE: rare vanilla and caramel flavors, with a satisfying, lingering aftertaste. Mildly sweet thanks to its low glycemic index (GI).
✓ AROMA: Slight hints of the forest and notes of caramel
✓ COLLECTION TIME: Summer
✓ HARVEST AREA: Mount Mainalon in Arcadia, Greece
LIMITED PRODUCTION FOR QUALITY INSTEAD OF QUANTITY
The rarest Greek honey
The ONLY Greek honey with Protected Designation of Origin
Harvested in the organic apiaries of Apiceuticals, this honey comes from the black fir trees of Mount Mainalon in Arcadia. This exquisite honey is famous for its flavor and its low sugar concentration. Its color is an atypically light shade between pearl and vanilla, which inspired its name, although it does not contain vanilla.
From the slopes of Mount Mainalon in Arcadia, Greece
Mount Mainalon is the tallest mountain in the Mainalon highlands of the Peloponnese peninsula in Arcadia, Greece. In ancient times, the mountain was dedicated to the great god Pan, the lord of fertility and the wilderness. Today, Natura 2000 identifies Mainalon as the site of the Greek fir’s best representation in the Peloponnese peninsula. On the mountain, we find many forests full of the Abies cephalonica species of Greek fir, which is native to the area. This evergreen grows up to 25 or 35 meters tall, thriving at altitudes of 900–1,800 meters. Here, Apiceuticals bees harvest their precious organic vanilla fir honey.
You will never taste a more exceptional masterpiece of organic bee craftsmanship. This is the Mona Lisa of honeys.
An unparalleled gem among honeys
With a matchless caramel flavor
Soft. Smooth. Delicious. A deep, true, rich treasure of vanilla-caramel flavor. An instant classic. Stimulating your tongue with a sweet, buttery taste, it leaves you with a woodsy, warm aftertaste. This honey is also noteworthy for its distinctive appearance: reflections ripple through it like a golden rainbow, with pearly white notes that inspired its designation as “vanilla.”
The health benefits of a pure superfood
From traditional Greek nutrition
- Good for the stomach thanks to its rich, yet gentle nutrients and texture.
- Helpful for restoring the body’s immune responses and adaptability due to its unusually high level of precious minerals and metals (potassium, phosphorus, calcium, iron, and magnesium) compared to other types of honey.
- Antibacterial, antiviral, and antiseptic action throughout the body, especially in the respiratory system and to fight bad breath.
- Recommended as part of a balanced low-calorie diet because of its lower sugar content than other kinds of honey.
- Useful for weight loss since it speeds up metabolism and satisfies cravings for sweets without providing a lot of sugar or any fat.
- Boosts serotonin levels, thus promoting happiness.
- People who prefer mild sweetness
- Those who must lower their calorie or sugar intake (including diabetics, with small doses)
- Individuals with stomach ulcers or other gastrointestinal problems that need soothing
This precious honey has been sustainably extracted using centrifugal force, with absolutely none of the heat that can destroy honey’s beneficial natural compounds. For this reason, if can offer you all the BENEFICIAL NATURAL NUTRIENTS the bees put in it, in addition to its incomparable flavor.
The team at Apiceuticals prepares each bee product by hand to ensure the highest quality. Working with small batches on their farm in Arcadia, Greece, they offer honey full of health benefits for your body, mind, and skin. To protect their bees, they harvest no more than 60% of what the beehives produce, leaving at least 40% of their honey on the honeycombs. The Apiceuticals team uses organic production methods that support sustainability for our Earth, our pollinators, ourselves, and all the generations to come.