Bees collect FIR TREE Premium Organic Honey from the heights of Mount Mainalon in Arcadia, Greece. Approximately 1000 meters above sea level, the mountain is covered by Greek fir trees. Apiceuticals organic fir tree honey is so rich that it has an unusual dark red color, with metallic highlights. It is also very thick, with a naturally low sugar content.
LIMITED PRODUCTION FOR QUALITY INSTEAD OF QUANTITY
✓ TASTE: Mildly sweet, with a low glycemic index (GI), an exceptional malty flavor, and a lingering full-body aftertaste.
✓ AROMA: Tranquil forest scents, with an underlying sweet, calming aroma.
✓ COLLECTION TIME: Summer
✓ HARVEST AREA: Mount Mainalon in Arcadia, Greece
From Mount Mainalon in Arcadia, Greece
At an altitude of 1000 meters
Bees collect premium organic honey from Greek fir trees (Abies cephalonica) on Mount Mainalon in the prefecture of Arcadia in Greece. Thriving on the low temperatures there, Abies cephalonica is native to Mount Mainalon. This honey is made by bees that collect honeydew that comes from insects living on the fir trees. As a honeydew honey, it is more resistant to crystallization than blossom honeys.
A delightful flavor
Distinctive toffee taste
Premium Organic FIR TREE Honey is slightly malty, with an uncommon toffee-like taste that will satisfy the most demanding customer. Its flavors also evoke the fir trees it comes from, for an incredible feast of tastes and color! It has a thick, full-bodied texture and a viscous, gel-like consistency.
Perfect for a well-balanced diet
Naturally low in sugars
- As we may expect from a honeydew honey, Apiceuticals organic fir tree honey is richer in trace elements and minerals than blossom honeys. The potassium, phosphorus, iron, calcium, and magnesium it contains can help the body resist the negative effects of stress.
- Its soft texture and its nutrients make this honey soothing, healing, and protective for the stomach.
- With antiseptic action that may benefit the respiratory system, this honey can also help combat bad breath.
- Its naturally low sugar content makes this honey appropriate for a balanced low-calorie diet; even diabetics can enjoy small amounts of it.
- This honey can help with weight loss, because it speeds up the metabolism while satisfying cravings for sweets.
- To help lower calorie or sugar intake
- To satisfy those who prefer slightly sweet flavors
- As a superfood to brighten up yogurt, cereal, or oatmeal
- To sooth stomach ulcers or other gastrointestinal stressors
- To sweeten coffee or tea, to drizzle on pancakes, and to spread on toast
To protect the bees, the team at Apiceuticals only harvests up to 60% of their production, leaving behind at least 40% of the honey for the insects to enjoy. This premium organic honey is extracted using centrifugal force, and never heated, in order to preserve its wealth of nutrients as well as its matchless flavor.
The Apiceuticals team prepares each bee product by hand. They work with small batches on their farm in Arcadia, Greece in order to ensure the highest quality and most extensive health benefits. Dedicated to organic farming, they do all they can to use sustainable methods that will protect the planet, its pollinators, and humanity.