As Hippocrates of Kos (460 – 377 BC), father of medical science, said: “Prevention is better than cure” so:
MICOIL is a nature’s gift to man!
It is a completely natural product based on the fresh juice of green unripe olive fruits.
Based on its quality and its bioactive natural ingredients and characteristics ensured by scientific production and standardization methods, MICOIL is one of the top functional foods with natural proven value !
With innovative steps in collaboration with the scientific community, Micoil purpose is to offer a non-pharmaceutical, natural and economical approach to Alzheimer’s patients.
Nutrition & Health
- It is the only natural oil in the world, which proves its exceptional value for brain health, through multiple scientific studies and clinical research applied on human patients with Mild Cognitive Impairment, which most of the times leads to Alzheimer disease.
- Till today eight Micoil studies have been published in major medical journals with the scientific care of the Alzheimer Hellas Association.
- MICOIL contains natural phytochemicals which are powerful antioxidants like α-tocopherol (vitamin e), carotenoids (beta-carotene), phenols (tyrosol and hydroxy-tyrosol), unsaturated fatty acids (Oleic Acid-omega 9). They are bioactive and they work naturally and protectively for the brain health on a balanced diet basis.
- Its name comes from the anagram of the name “Mild Cognitive Impairment” and the word “oil”.
- Its excellent primary packaging ensures protection from light, and by containing modified nitrogen atmosphere it can be ensured the absence of oxygen and its long the shelf-life.
- All packaging materials are environmentally friendly.
- The product is not tested on animals, and it is NON GMO.
- MICOIL is a Greek product, and all its studies were executed by Greek scientists and researchers supervised by Greek Universities (AUTH- THESSALONIKI and EKPA- ATHENS) and Institutions (Alzheimer Hellas and WOCH).
Social Corporate Responsibility
According to the President of the Panhellenic Federation of Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders, Professor M. Tsolaki (Neurologist, Psychiatrist, Theologist):
“Alzheimer’s disease was first described in 1906 by the German psychiatrist and neuropathologist A. Alzheimer. This disease destroys the – navigation system of man in space and time and has a very large number of patients.
The Micoil team belief is that we should always remember people who forget and under the brand Propharco stands by these families by:
- supporting the extension of a new scientific study (2021-2023) with 200 patients and by
- donating as an official sponsor a percentage of the global Micoil sales supporting all the aims the scientific, social and charitable activities of the below Greek Institutes:
Panhellenic Federation of Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders: http://www.alzheimer-federation.gr/index.php/about-us
Panhellenic Institute of Neurodegenerative Diseases: http://www.pindis.gr/
Greek Association of Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders (Alzheimer Hellas): http://www.alzheimer-hellas.gr/index.php/el/home/aboutus
Every Association of Alzheimer’s Disease in any Greek town.
Natural Proven Value by clinical and laboratory micoil research
As the most recent statistics indicate, there were 50 million patients with Alzheimer’s disease in 2020, and unfortunately the prospect is to launch in more than 150 million in 2050, according to the president of the Panhellenic Federation of Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders, Professor M. Tsolaki (Neurologist, Psychiatrist, Theologist).
Considering the words that Hippocrates from Kos (460 – 377 BC), the father of medical science, said: “Let our food to be your medicine and our medicine to be your food”, the philosophy of Micoil product was formed based on the Mediterranean diet as main approach to human health.
All papers based on AD. CLINICAL TRIAL REGISTRATION: MICOIL: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03362996 are proving that:
- MASTER STUDY: A randomized clinical trial of Greek High Phenolic Early Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil in Mild Cognitive Impairment: the MICOIL pilot study.
(Magda Tsolaki, Eftychia Lazarou, Machi Kozori, Niki Petridou, Irene Tabakis , Ioulietta Lazarou, Maria Karakota, Iordanis Saoulidis, Eleni Melliou and Prokopios Magiatis, 2020).
- JAD: https://www.j-alz.com/content/randomized-clinical-trial-greek-high-phenolic-early-harvest-extra-virgin-olive-oil-mild
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki: https://www.auth.gr/news/press/28479
- Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33044178/
- Olive Health Information System (OHIS) and the International Olive council (IOC) : https://meddietolivehealth.com/a-randomized-clinical-trial-of-greek-high-phenolic-early-harvest-extra-virgin-olive-oil-in-mild-cognitive-impairment-the-micoil-pilot-study/
- Administration of the extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) in mild cognitive impairment (MCI) patients as a therapy for preventing the progress to AD.
(Tzekaki Elena, 2019)
- Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31802059/
This study was awarded by the 5th International Medical Olympiad as an innovative one.
- Polar phenols of virgin olive oil : an estimate of their content in commercial products to be used in a clinical study to prevent Mild Cognitive Impairment.
Prodromou I. Sofia (2020)
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki: https://search.lib.auth.gr/Record/1116660?lng=en
- Restoration of BMI1 levels after the administration of early harvest extra virgin olive oil as a therapeutic strategy against Alzheimer’s disease
(Elena E. Tzekaki, Angelos Papaspyropoulos, Magda Tsolaki, Eftychia Lazarou, Mahi Kozori and Anastasia A. Pantazaki, 2020)
- Experimental Gerontology (2020) https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S053155652030526X?via%3Dihub
- Greek High Phenolic Early Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil Reduces the Over-Excitation of Information Flow-based on Dominant Coupling Mode Model in patients with Mild Cognitive Impairment: An EEG Resting-State Validation Approach
(Stavros Dimitriadis, Christos Lyssoudis, Anthoula Tsolaki, Eftychia Lazarou, Mahi Kozori, Magda Tsolaki, 2021)
- Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease:
- The pleiotropic beneficial intervention of olive oil intake on the Alzheimer’s disease onset via fibrinolytic system.
(Elena E. Tzekaki, Magda Tsolaki, Anastasia A. Pantazaki, George Geromichalos, Eftychia Lazarou, Mahi Kozori, Zacharias Sinakos, 2021)
- Experimental Gerontology (2021)
- The multifunctional therapeutic potentiality of extra virgin olive oil administration through the intervention in pathophysiological mechanisms: Focus on Alzheimer’s disease
(Tzekaki E, Prodromou S, Tsolaki M, and Pantazaki Α, 2021)
- GSC Advanced Research and Reviews, 2021: https://doi.org/10.30574/gscarr.2021.7.1.0081
- Extra Virgin olive Oil consumption from Mild Cognitive Impairment patients attenuates oxidative and nitrative stress reflecting on the reduction of the PARP levels and DNA damage
(Tzekaki E, Tsolaki M, Geromichalos G, and Pantazaki Α, under publication)
Experimental Gerontology, (2021) https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34748951/