MICOIL is a nature’s gift to man!
Yanni’s Finest EVOO is the first Greek EVOO applied on many certified scientific clinical trials on humans showing its health benefits by supporting the physiological human function.
The MICOIL’s multy paper study partners were “The Greek Association of Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders – Alzheimer Hellas”, “the World Olive Center for Health -WOCH” the “Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in Greece” the “National Kapodistrian University in Athens” and the olive oil production company “Yanni’s Olive Grove”.
The first papers of the study have recently been published in major medical journals proving that:
MASTER STUDY: A randomized clinical trial of Greek High Phenolic Early Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil in Mild Cognitive Impairment: the MICOIL pilot study.
(Magda Tsolaki, Eftychia Lazarou, Machi Kozori, Niki Petridou, Irene Tabakis , Ioulietta Lazarou, Maria Karakota, Iordanis Saoulidis, Eleni Melliou and Prokopios Magiatis, 2020).
Results: A long-term intervention with Yanni’s Finest early- harvest extra virgin olive oil was associated with a significant improvement in cognitive function compared to the Mediterranean diet. The Principal Investigator of the MICOIL study/ Professor of 1st Department of Neurology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece /and Chair of Greek Federation of Alzheimer’s disease in Greece, Prof. Magda Tsolaki said “To date, there is no other study that has examined in such detail the effects of extra virgin olive oil on the elderly with Mild Cognitive Impairment as an effective solution for cognitive impairment”
- JAD’s Official press release : https://www.j-alz.com/content/randomized-clinical-trial-greek-high-phenolic-early-harvest-extra-virgin-olive-oil-mild
- Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease (JAD): https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33044178/
- IOS PRESS: https://content.iospress.com/articles/journal-of-alzheimers-disease/jad200405
2nd study: Administration of the extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) in mild cognitive impairment (MCI) patients as a therapy for preventing the progress to AD.
(Tzekaki E. Eleni, 2019)
Results: The levels of the oxidative stress biomarker, malondialdehyde (MDA) showed a significant decrease in MCI patients subjected to EVOO therapy revealing the involvement of the beneficial antioxidative properties of EVOO in the progression of AD.
3rd Study: Polar phenols of virgin olive oil : an estimate of their content in commercial products to be used in a clinical study to prevent Mild Cognitive Impairment.
(Prodromou I. Sofia, 2020)
Results: It is showed that the cultivation and harvest process are in excellent level using online satellite and meteorological data systems. During the olive oil milling either with laboratory or industrial practices the product of Yanni’s early harvest evoo shows a major phenolic content and also can preserve its high phenolic content it in time.
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki: https://search.lib.auth.gr/Record/1116660?lng=en
4th Study: Restoration of BMI1 levels after the administration of early harvest extra virgin olive oil as a therapeutic strategy against Alzheimer’s disease.
(Elena E. Tzekaki, Angelos Papaspyropoulos, Magda Tsolaki, Eftychia Lazarou, Mahi Kozori and Anastasia A. Pantazaki, 2020)
Results: The study implies that EVOO, a completely natural product, may potentially act as an alternative therapy for preventing AD onset. Restoration of BMI1 activity by the proposed one year supplementation could represent a therapeutic modality for AD, hence having an important impact on the design of future therapeutic strategies for AD prevention.
- Experimental Gerontology (2020) https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S053155652030526X?via%3Dihub
Three more MICOIL’s paper studies ready to be published soon and one more for Breast Cancer.
When it comes to packaging, everyone thinks the bottle is better, but it is just more expensive than the tin.
The tin is behaving like the stainless steel storage tank, which is opaque and contains nitrogen (special food gas).
In other words, tin is:
- A lightweight package with low transport costs. The bottle has GW 850gr while the tin has GW 550gr, but the net weight of extra virgin olive oil (evoo) in both is 500ml (0.458 Kg).
- It is cheaper to buy than the glass bottle. Customers should keep in mind that they are buying a product for the high quality evoo content and not for its luxury packaging, which is just extra money.
- it does not break like a glass bottle.
- It has an inner coating with a special powder film for protection of contact with oily products.
- It is an opaque package that completely protects the evoo from light.
- The tin completely protects the evoo from oxygen because we put nitrogen in the package, just like the storage tank.
- It is also recycled, as shown by the mark on the back of the package. The tins certification is from the British recycling organization (OPRL) in which we are a member company https://www.oprl.org.uk/current-members/ if you put the Y, then you will be able to see the company Yannis Olive Grove.
The bottom line is that the tin belongs to the same high quality packaging class as the dark glass bottle, but it is simply cheaper and safer and with lower courier transport costs.
Most of the olive oil producers use expensive bottles only for marketing reasons, just for the consumers to believe in the high quality of the bottled evoo.
Our company have great faith to our eh-evoo and try to prove its high quality not with expensive and unnecessary packaging, but trough more than 50 international quality awards from the most prestigious competitions in the last five years and moreover, though unique in the world scientific studies and clinical trials applied on people by the Greatest Greek Universities, the Alzheimer Hellas Association and the “World Olive Center for Health”.
Please see attached documents about MICOIL recently published seven paper study.